Athena Wills Ltd is a member of the Institute of Professional Willwriters (IPW), whose Code of Practice is approved by Trading Standards.
Membership of the Institute is open only to those professional Will writers who pass the IPW Entrance Examination and agree to be bound by the IPW Code of Practice. By choosing a member of the IPW, you will ensure that you receive a comprehensive, professional service of the highest standard.
Who are the IPW?
The Institute of Professional Willwriters (IPW) is a professional body, established in 1991, consisting of and representing the Will writing profession.
The absence of a Will can cause problems, heartbreak, financial hardship and unnecessary expense for your family at the very worst possible time. All Willwriters are NOT the same; many are unqualified, uninsured and unregulated.
What does this mean for you as a client?
Being a Client of an IPW member ensures that you will receive a comprehensive, professional service of the highest standard. You will also have the peace of mind of knowing that your consultant’s ability and conduct are regulated by the IPW.
All Members of the IPW:
- Have passed a written examination to prove their knowledge and expertise
- Must operate within a strict Code of Practice, which is approved by the Trading Standards Institute. This includes a seven-day cooling off period and an independent complaints mechanism
- Have Professional Indemnity Insurance for at least £2 million. Nothing should go wrong, but if it does, you know that your beneficiaries will be compensated
- Must undertake regular refresher training/CPD to ensure that they keep up-to-date with changes in the law and practice
- Provide a first class, honest and ethical service at a reasonable cost, and provide details of their fees in advance so that there are no nasty surprises